We’re pleased to announce that thanks to the Creative Employment Programme we are offering a new paid internship starting in July 2014. This six month post is open to those who have been unemployed for six months or more, are between the age of 18-24, live in Manchester and are currently seeking Job Seekers Allowance.
If you are interested in the post, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 0161 839 6324 to chat about the role.
Applications will only be considered from people permanently residing within the boundaries of the City of Manchester. To check that you are resident within the area covered by Manchester City Council, you can see which ward you live in here: http://www.manchester.gov.uk/councillors
Events and Retail Assistant at MadLab
- Assist with community events onsite and occasionally offsite
- Rig and de-rig events as required
- Supervise the space during community group usage on Monday and Tuesday evenings
- Assist with general maintenance of the building as and when required
- Assist with onsite promotion
- Support the team with the day to day running of the organisation
- Run MadLab’s community shop ‘Inventory’ on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
- Provide customer service to Inventory shoppers
- Keep the shop and displays clean and tidy at all times
- Operate the till and accurately handle cash and credit/debit cards
- Undergo ad-hoc stock takes
- Assist with the promotion of Inventory online (Twitter, FB etc)
- Assist in changing displays of shop stock
- Maintain vigilance at all times to minimise stock loss
- To support the team on all MadLab related activities and provide assistance where required
As MadLab run a variety of courses we are able to provide WordPress and Arduino training for the successful candidate with a view to providing more training as the role progresses.
Above are the regular working hours for the post however you may occasionally be asked to work additional hours during the week or at the weekend. It is essential that the successful candidate has a flexible attitude to working hours with the willingness to work evenings and weekends where required.
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Duration: Six Months
- English and Maths GCSE A-C
- A broadly-based general knowledge with a developed interest in digital technology and/ or science
- Familiarity with social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook
- Keyboard skills: Excellent IT skills and an understanding of Windows/ Pages
- Excellent customer service skills
- Well-developed communication skills
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Interns will be required to set-up spaces for workshops which requires light (but frequent) lifting
- 5 GCSEs A-C
- Retail Experience
- Experience of working in a community-space environment (or similar)
- Interest in new technologies and a desire to learn about them
Please note that the above job role and person specification is not intended to be prescriptive. If you have an interest in MadLab and what we do and feel you have valuable skills that would add to the organisation we would love to hear from you! We are more than willing to amend the role for the right candidate.