Title: Ecohome lab – Manchester
Start Time: 17:00
End Time: 20:00
We be focusing on home energy and environment monitors from OpenEnergyMonitor that were built at the April build day. Focus will be on troubleshooting for those who’ve not yet got it working, sharing ideas on the dashboards we’ve all been creating and getting gas metering working.
Three successful gas monitoring kits have been developed (by different developers for different meters) we’ll be building a few for people to test on their own systems.
Each month we’ll expand on our understanding and starting to integrate the monitors in to different areas of Carbon Co-op’s development.
Topics will include:
- Yaye, more sensors! – air quality, ventilation flows, dew point
- User interfaces – your smart home on your smart phone
- Gas meter bounties – monitoring the un-monitorable
- Integrating Open Data sources
- Taking the power back! – Making better use of the surplus power we generate
- Zoning and home automation: “Monitors have only interpreted the home in various ways, the point is to change it.”
WHO’S IT FOR?
- Anyone using OpenEnergyMonitor kit: come and get help making it work better for you or share your knowledge and shiny dashboard goodness.
- Anyone with skills in physical electronics, web development, interface design or programming who wants to use that knowledge to avert this whole climate apocalypse thing.
- Anyone! There will be open space for small groups to focus on adding new sensors or hacking the user interface, there will always be a ‘newbies’ group for people interested in finding out more.
Come join the energy geek revolution. We have biscuits…