Title: In The Mix Hack Weekender
Start Date: 08-06-2013
Start Time: 10:00
End Date: 09-06-2013
End Time: 18:00
Book: Grab a spot here
What’s In The Mix?
In the Mix is a series of music/sound/art commissions and events that will animate the University of Manchester’s cultural resources: Whitworth Art Gallery, Manchester Museum, John Rylands Library, Jodrell Bank and The Martin Harris Centre for Music and Drama.
What’s the In The Mix Hack Weekender?
The In The Mix Hack Weekender will bring together audio producers, artists, programmers and creative technologists to tap into the rich seam of resources of the University of Manchester with the aim of exploring new ways of experiencing, using, and interpreting the collection.
Hackday 1 – Saturday
Our Saturday will split into two main strands; you’re welcome to move between them as you see fit. One track is to develop projects and work on your own code or production; our second track features workshops in the morning, with an open unconference later in the afternoon to demo things they’ve found of interest or may help out other mixers and hackers.
Lunch will be provided at 13:30 on both days.
Workshops and Unconference
- 10:30 – James Medd - Processing Audio with Max/MSP
- 11:30 – Dan Hett - Minim: Audio for the web with Processing
- 12:30 – Ross Dalziel - Rapid prototyping is killing music
- 13:30 – Lunch
- 14:30 – Dave Mee - Reactive Sound with RjDj / RJC1000 and Arduino Synths
- 15:00 – Unconference and informal presentations
- 19:00 – End of Saturday
Sunday will be a morning of hacking and finishing projects, with presentations and discussions in the afternoon. There will be prizes for Best web-audio experience, Best audio production / hack and People’s Choice.
- 10:00 – Continued Hackery
- 13:30 – Lunch
- 15:00 – Presentations
- 16:30 – Prizes and People’s Choice vote
- 17:00 – Summary and review
Hope to see you there!