Manchester Women’s Design Group Buzzing with Ideas – we need your help to action them!
We have lots of ideas on how we want to influence women’s issues in the next 12 months culminating in an event at International Women’s day in March next year. But we need your natural organising skills to help us plan!!!
MATERIALS PROVIDED AND A CUP OF TEA – Just bring your organising skills!
Here are just a few key ideas we want to develop:
Tweet a toilet
help us to plan a campaign which will reduce queues and make toilets a better place for women in the future
Blog a Buddy – Supporting women in construction
How can we help signpost women to make sure they get the help they need in an environment dominated by men? Signposting, networking making contacts – what’s the best way of showing support?
• Bedroom tax – how is it impacting on women who are still the principle carers of children and dependents?
• What impact does the closure of facilities such as libraries have on women?
• Are the austerity measures having a disproportionate impact?
Orienteering for planners and councillors – tied into International Women’s day
We want to plan an event setting everyday challenges for people with influence, such as:
• To take a pram to the toilet
• Send an email from a local facility
We look forward to seeing you soon!