Title: Marketing Your Own Business
Location: MadLab (Upstairs)
Description: DIGITAL MATTERS: MDDA’S BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME. A practical session aimed at introducing the delegates to focused themes essential to good project management as well as business planning.
Start Time: 16:00
End Time: 19:00
Booking: The event is free if the business registers via the booking link Marketing your own Business. The business must be Manchester based and willing to complete the Manchester Digital Development Agency Workshop Monitor sheet.
- Review how you have used networking activities to raise your business’s profile.
- Consider where and how you might engage in meeting new potential clients & customers (both online and face to face networking)
- Reflect upon how you might ‘come across’ at events. Consider how you view yourself and how others businesses might see you when approaching networking activities.
- Develop and renew your business’s sales “elevator pitch”
- Equip yourself for different types of networking events / groups
- Consider how one might build partnerships or alliances with businesses beyond just the ‘sell’
4.00pm to 4.15pm Delegate Registration
4.15pm to 5.15pm Panel Introduction
Practitioners Overview: Speakers will provide an overview to the event by consider where to meet and convert new businesses leads.
- Penny Lines No-Nonsense-Marketing
- Jim Symcox Business-Powerpack (Presentation on how to maximise you use of LinkedIn)
5.15pm to 6.30pm Parallel Workshops
Both workshops will be lead by a practitioner who will share their experience of using online and face to face networking.
Workshop 1: Chris Roberson, 247 Uptime
Face 2 Face Networking
- Exploring the different types of networking events – their suitability, target audience, expectations and their potential for digital, creative and ICT businesses.
- Consider some of the selling skills – developing your own pitch, elevated pitches, face to face selling, having an impact
- Reflect upon whether networking is for finding collaboration rather than just to sell – looking for potential partners and alliances
Workshop 1: Chi-Chi Ekweozor, Real Fresh TV
An introduction to Social Media & Online Networking & Promoting your business
- Consider which social media platforms / groups are most effective for marketing your business
- Explore social media marketing techniques to increase your business profile
- Evaluate the use of LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter whilst on a shoe string budget to generate suitable and qualified leads.
- Review and evaluate your own profile on social media.
6.30pm to 7.30pm Informal networking over glass of beer / soft drink.