Title: Advanced CSS at the Omniversity
Description: Advanced CSS and HTML topics takes HTML and CSS further, looking at advanced topics such as multi-column layouts, cross-browser issues, CSS sprites, faux columns, optimizing layouts for different devices such as mobile phones, CSS3 transitions, transforms and animation, HTML5 video and forms, and more.
Start Time: 10:00
End Time: 16:30
Booking: Sign up here
Advanced CSS will take you further in your knowledge of CSS. In this course you’ll look at a range of subjects including multi-column layouts, flexbox, advanced web font usage, CSS sprites, advanced positioning, responsive web design, CSS3 transitions, transforms and animation – and more.
This course is suitable for students and others wishing to gain new skills, as well as web designers and developers that want to update their skills to modern best practices and get a feel for what CSS3 has to offer.
What you need to be familiar with
Advanced CSS assumes that you are already familiar with HTML and CSS basics, and want to go further, learning advanced techniques to add to your web design toolkit, and becoming familiar with cutting edge CSS3 features.
If you are a beginner to CSS, we would advise you to attend our CSS Basics course first.
After completing the class, you will have learned:
- A knowledge of advanced CSS techniques
- An understanding of several CSS3 features
- A thirst to explore further, and experiment with modern technologies
Equipment you’ll need
Suggested preparatory work
- Install the software described above on your laptop
- Bring some text and images you’d like to put on a web page. It could be your CV, a short story you’ve written, information on your favourite band or pictures of your family
- Start reading up on web development. A good place to start for beginners is the Opera web standards curriculum
Costs and times
The course costs £100. You will receive an electronic copy of the teaching materials, software, and programmes. You will also receive free hosting courtesy of MadLab to test and refine your site. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
Advanced CSS course syllabus