Title: Manchester SciFi Book Club
Description: Book Club for Science Fiction Fans
From 19:00 to 21:00
World War Z
This month we are reading by World War Z by Max Brooks (342 pages).
It began with rumours from China about another pandemic. Then the cases started to multiply and what had looked like the stirrings of a criminal underclass, even the beginnings of a revolution, soon revealed itself to be much, much worse. Faced with a future of mindless, man-eating horror, humanity was forced to accept the logic of world government and face events that tested our sanity and our sense of reality.
All welcome, except zombies.
Our next books
- 21st Apr – Time’s Eye by Arthur C Clarke & Stephen Baxter (384 pages)
- 19th May – The Man in the High Castle by Philip K Dick (272 pages)
- 16th Jun – We Who Are About To… by Joanna Russ (152 pages)
- 21st Jul – MaddAddam by Marget Attwood (496 pages)
- 18th Aug – Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie (432 pages)
- 15th Sep – Gemsigns by Stephanie Saulter (400 pages)
Manchester Sci-Fi Book Club Contacts:
Keep up to date with Manchester Sci-Fi book club posts at Madlab
We also have a group on Google which we would encourage you to join.
Manchester SciFi Book Club on Google+