We have a full-time, three month position working at MadLab’s Manchester city centre HQ. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop new skills and gain experience of working in a ‘real’ working environment. MadLab will offer support and training throughout your placement.
Examples of responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Setting-up MadLab’s public spaces for events
- Assisting in the running of events
- Composing Tweets and Facebook posts
- Ensuring public spaces are maintained/kept clean
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter telling us why you’d like to work at MadLab. Your covering letter must provide:
- Your address and postcode. We need to check that you live in Manchester (not Greater Manchester). This is because the post is funded by Manchester City Council, and is for its residents. If you are not sure, check this map
- Your date of birth. Because you must be 24 or under
- Confirmation that you are not in education, employment, or training. Unfortunately recent graduates (2017) are not eligible for this position
This position involves evening/weekend work.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: 25th June
*Please note that our offices are not wheelchair accessible; we are based in an industrial revolution-era weaver’s cottage, so only our ground floor is accessible. If you require accessibility, please get in touch with the team at email@example.com.
This position has been made possible by the My Future Programme with Manchester City Council and The Manchester College.